ABC Investigating Leaked Epstein Cover-Up ‘Hot Mic’ Footage, Report Reveals
News network scrambling after Project Veritas bombshell report
ABC News is reportedly investigating who leaked the explosive hot mic footage of Amy Robach discussing the network sitting on the Jeffrey Epstein story, which was later published by journalism outlet Project Veritas, the Federalist reported.
Robach told her producer, in what seemed to be a commercial break, that the network declined to air her exclusive interview with a Jeffrey Epstein accuser three years ago.
According to journalist Yashar Ali, executives at ABC News now believe the “whistleblower” is a former employee, now employed at CBS News.
“I’m told that ABC News executives have informed their counterparts at CBS News that this person accessed the footage of Robach. It’s unclear if CBS News plans on taking any action against the employee,” Ali says.
Ali also notes that just because the CBS employee accessed the file doesn't mean he or she directly leaked the footage to Project Veritas.
But ABC is still taking this leaked footage seriously, however, saying the “whistleblower” violated company policy.
“We take violations of company policy very seriously, and we’re pursuing all avenues to determine the source of the leak,” a spokesperson for ABC News told Ali.
According to sources familiar with the matter, CBS News has fired the staff member that leaked the footage during his time at ABC News, Ali claims.
1. Scoop: ABC News execs believe they know who the former employee is who accessed footage of @arobach expressing her frustrations about her shelved Jeffrey Epstein story— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) November 6, 2019
That former employee is now at CBS and ABC execs have reached out to CBS News execshttps://t.co/OHEoyahppY
2. In a statement, an ABC News spokesperson tells me: "We take violations of company policy very seriously, and we’re pursuing all avenues to determine the source of the leak.”https://t.co/OHEoyahppY— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) November 6, 2019
3. It's important to note that ABC News does not know if this former employee leaked the footage to Project Veritas. What they do know is who accessed the footage. It's possible that person could have shared it with others who leaked it. https://t.co/OHEoyahppY— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) November 6, 2019
4. As I noted in this thread, ABC News has confirmed they're conducting an investigation into the leak.— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) November 6, 2019
In response to an email, CBS News says they're declining to comment for this story. https://t.co/OHEoyahppY
5. Update: Two sources familiar with the matter tell me that CBS News has fired the staffer in question. This comes after ABC informed CBS that they had determined who accessed the footage of Amy Robach expressing her frustrations about the Epstein story. https://t.co/OHEoyahppY— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) November 7, 2019
BREAKING: @abcnews anchor @arobach caught on 'hot mic' in August disgustedly exposing networks decision to strategically spike bombshell investigation into Jefferey Esptein over THREE YEARS AGO.— James O'Keefe (@JamesOKeefeIII) November 5, 2019
Says what she had was "unbelievable" #EpsteinCoverup: https://t.co/HagfLpwKDn pic.twitter.com/fPvJc3JCCQ
The footage shows ABC's Amy Robach discussing a bombshell exposé she had on convicted pedophile Epstein three years ago.
According to Robach, who was caught on a "hot mic" and filmed without her knowledge, she was forced to shelve the story by network heads following "threats" from Buckingham Palace.
Roback said she gathered interviews with victims and witnesses that exposed Britain's Prince Andrew and former President Bill Clinton, saying, "we had Clinton - we had everything."
Now, conservative reporter Katie Pavlich has uncovered a direct link between ABC’s alleged Epstein cover-up and the Clintons via the network’s star news anchor.