Former FBI Director Asked Bureau if They Were Investigating Seth Rich's Murder
Andrew McCabe personally inquired agents over murdered DNC staffer
Former FBI Director Andrew McCabe personally inquired if the bureau was looking into the murder of Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich, according to reports.
McCabe said in an interview, which was part of a Yahoo News investigative article, that he reached out to FBI agents after hearing conspiracy theories about Seth Rich's murder.
The former FBI director said he was told after the inquiry that "there’s nothing there.”
It has been alleged by that Seth Rich was the source of the WikiLeaks publication of stolen emails from Democrats in the run-up to the presidential election.
There are also claims that disgraced former FBI director James Comey covered up a politically motivated murder.
But a spokeswoman for the bureau's Washington field office said that the office never opened an investigation into Rich's murder, leaving it to Washington Metropolitan Police Department.
Rich was shot twice in the back on July 10, 2016, when he was walking home from Lou’s City Bar in Washington, D.C.
Rich was on the phone to his girlfriend at the time he was attacked.
But police say the death was a botched robbery, believing Rich tried to fight off the assailants, who did not take his wallet or any other valuables.
Back in May 2017, internet entrepreneur Kim DotCom claimed to possess 'explosive' evidence that former DNC worker Seth Rich was the person who leaked emails released by Wikileaks.DotCom then insisted he was more than willing to come to the US and testify if it was required.
Kim Dotcom then said:
Deep State activities like this indictment against 12 Russians confirm the advice of my legal team. Special Counsel Mueller and the DOJ cannot be trusted. My team asked me not to provide my Seth Rich evidence without robust legal protections for me and my family. They were right!
According to a Zerohedge report from last year: In addition to several odd facts surrounding Rich's still unsolved murder - which officials have deemed a "botched robbery," forensic technical evidence emerged which contradicts the Crowdstrike report.
The Irvine, CA company partially funded by Google, was the only entity allowed to analyze the DNC servers in relation to claims of election hacking:
Notably, Crowdstrike has been considered by many to be discredited over their revision and retraction of a report over Russian hacking of Ukrainian military equipment - a report which the government of Ukraine said was fake news.
In connection with the emergence in some media reports which stated that the alleged “80% howitzer D-30 Armed Forces of Ukraine removed through scrapping Russian Ukrainian hackers software gunners,” Land Forces Command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine informs that the said information is incorrect.
Ministry of Defence of Ukraine asks journalists to publish only verified information received from the competent official sources.
Spreading false information leads to increased social tension in society and undermines public confidence in the Armed Forces of Ukraine. –mil.gov.ua (translated) (1.6.2017)