Neon Nettle
© 2020 Neon Nettle

Subscribe to our mailing list

Advertise Contact About Us Our Writers T&C's Privacy Support Us © 2020 Neon Nettle All Rights Reserved.

Gang of 100 Thugs Roam Streets, Attack Police in Khan's 'Lawless London'

Riot mob throws bottles, missiles at cops during weekend of bloodshed in British capital

 on 17th June 2019 @ 12.00pm
a violent gang of 100 thugs terrorized police and civilians at the westfield shopping centre in stratford  east london © press
A violent gang of 100 thugs terrorized police and civilians at the Westfield Shopping Centre in Stratford, East London

A violent gang of 100 thugs attacked police while they investigated a robbery at a London shopping mall on Saturday, during a weekend of bloodshed in the British capital.

The rioting mob pelted police officers with bottles and other missiles as they attempted to respond to an emergency call out at the Westfield Shopping Centre in Stratford, East London.

Amid the chaos, shoppers fled screaming in terror and one woman was injured from falling down stairs.

Police officers came under attack from the "hostile" crowd who were armed with weapons including a deadly hunting knife.

The incident was the was one of many in London during a violent weekend, as three people were murdered and a teen was stabbed in the face.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan has come under increasing criticism as violent crimes and murder continue to spiral out of control in the city.

cheyon evans  right   18  and eniola aluko  left   19  were both murdered in london over the weekend  12 minutes apart © press
Cheyon Evans (right), 18, and Eniola Aluko (left), 19, were both murdered in London over the weekend, 12 minutes apart

According to the Daily Mail, three people were arrested on suspicion of robbery and possession of an offensive weapon following the shopping mall rampage, which broke out at 8 pm as a crowd of revelers was leaving a nearby event.

The incident came on a weekend of violence in the capital, with three people killed among a total of six stabbings and one shooting in just 24 hours.

Scotland Yard said more officers had been deployed in the capital following the incidents.

Those killed included Cheyon Evans, 18, who was stabbed on an estate in Tooting, south-west London at 4.42pm on Friday.

Witnesses said the construction student at Lambeth College was knifed up to 17 times by a gang of teenagers.

Two suspects – aged 17 and 18 – were later charged with the teenager's murder.

Mr. Evans's sister Charice wrote on social media: "You knew how much I loved you, my best friend, my right hand, my everything.

"Words can't even explain how heartbroken I am.

"The fact that I'll never see you, hug you or hear your voice again kills me."

Just 12 minutes after his killing, Eniola Aluko was shot dead in a car park in Plumstead, south-east London, during an unrelated attack.

The 19-year-old is said to have been blasted several times in the neck and chest.

Officers later arrested four men aged 16 to 18 and a 17-year-old girl on suspicion of murder. 

Then, at 2 pm on Saturday, a man in his thirties was stabbed to death in a field next to a children's nursery in Tower Hamlets, east London. 

A 33-year-old man and a 28-year-old man have now been arrested on suspicion of murder in connection to the incident.

There were also several injuries in the capital following attacks over the weekend.

At 3.30pm on Saturday, officers were called to Edmonton Green in north London after a man in his forties was knifed in the chest.

He was taken to hospital, where his condition was said to be critical but stable last night.

Three men were also stabbed in separate attacks in Clapham and Brixton, south-west London, on Saturday morning.

Scotland Yard increased patrols after 11 people were arrested, following three fatal incidents.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Matthew Twist said: "Firstly, our thoughts are with all the victims' families and friends who are facing the most devastating tragedy imaginable this weekend and indeed to their wider communities.

"We made a significant number of arrests in relation to the three incidents and officers are undertaking further activities, following up additional investigative leads to ensure that we achieve justice for the families of those affected by violence in the last few days.

"We have increased the coverage of the Violent Crime Task Force in targeted areas across London this weekend and officers from across the boroughs, supported by colleagues from specialist units, will continue to undertake high-visibility patrols which will remain in place today and into the start of the week.

"We have been using a number of operational tactics in targeted locations, to prevent further violence and to provide reassurance to the communities in those areas.

"The circumstances, causes, and motives for any homicide or serious violence incident are different and unique and require different investigative strategies and approaches. 

"But we are taking a service-wide response and all officers right across London continue to be relentless in our pursuit of those who bring violence to our communities.

"The public also play a huge role in helping to both prevent and detect crime.

"I urge anyone who has information about an incident, or about someone they suspect to be carrying a weapon to get in touch.

"Information doesn't just help detect crime but vitally can help prevent crime from taking place. Information from communities can help save lives.

"We understand people are nervous about anonymity but I want to reassure the public that any information provided to police is treated in the strictest confidence.

"However, if you don't want to speak to the police, you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

"It's 100% anonymous. They never ask your name or trace your call or I.P address."

police respond to an incident were a 15 year old boy was stabbed in the face over the weekend © press
Police respond to an incident were a 15-year-old boy was stabbed in the face over the weekend

Elsewhere in the city, a teenager was stabbed in the face following a fight outside a tube station in London.

Police were called to the Tufnell Park area of London following reports of a fight in progress, in a weekend of mayhem that has already seen two other teenagers murdered in the city.

Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended the incident at Brecknock Road at around 4.20pm and found the 15-year-old with a stab wound to the face.

The boy, who has not yet been named has been taken to a north London hospital, where he is being treated for non-life threatening injuries.

A 25-year-old man has since been arrested on suspicion of GBH and is currently in police custody.

Police said investigations are continuing into the incident and that Dartmouth Park Hill has been temporarily closed. 

Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting 5270 /16, Tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

[RELATED] Migrant Families Send Children Back to Somalia to Escape London's Knife Violence

Share this post:
tags: London | Sadiq Khan

Facebook is heavily censoring information from independent sources.

To bypass internet censorship, connect with us directly by enabling our notifications (using the red subscription bell in the bottom right corner) or by subscribing to our free daily newsletter.

Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox for free every day by signing up below.


Subscribe to our mailing list

Follow Neon Nettle