Lord Ahmed: UK Elite Hit with New Child Abuse Charge
Lord Nazir Ahmed of Rotherham now facing multiple charges for raping children
Lord Nazir Ahmed of Rotherham has been charged with another alleged child abuse offense, taking the total charges for sexually abusing children to four, according to reports.
Pakistan-born Nazir Ahmed was charged with the fourth alleged historic child sex offense, for raping a boy under 11-years-old, when he appeared at Sheffield Crown Court on Wednesday to face other sexual abuse charges.
Ahmed was joined in court by his two brothers, Tariq and Farouq, who are also accused of sexually abusing the same boy between 1968 to 1972.
Former Labour politician Ahmed, of East Bawtry Road, Rotherham, UK, appeared before the lower court last month charged with indecently assaulting a boy under 14 and two counts of attempted rape against a girl aged under 16 in the early 1970s.
The additional charge of buggery against a boy under 11 was added to his charge sheet at the higher Sheffield Crown Court, the Rotherham Advertiser reports.
Ahmed has not entered any pleas during his hearings, but the BBC reports his lawyer, Haroon Shah, as saying he will be pleading not guilty to all of the charges against him.
Ahmed’s brother Mohamed Farouq, 68, of Worrygoose Lane, Rotherham, has pleaded not guilty to four counts of indecently assaulting a boy under 14 between 1968 and 1972.
Another brother, Mohammed Tariq, of Gerard Road, Rotherham, pleaded not guilty to two counts of indecently assaulting a boy under 14 between 1970 and 1972.
The trio has been granted unconditional bail ahead of a trial date, set several months from now on December 2nd.
Ahmed's has a history peppered with controversy prior to the emergence of the child abuse allegations against him.
In 2012, the US Government offered a reward for information leading to the capture of wanted Muslim terrorist Hafiz Saeed.
A Pakistani newspaper, The Express Tribune, alleged that Ahmed said "If the US can announce a reward of $10 million for the captor of Hafiz Saeed, I can announce a bounty of ₤10 million on President Obama and his predecessor George Bush," at a business meeting in Haripur, Pakistan, on 15 April 2012.
It was alleged that Lord Nazir said that the bounty placed on Saeed was an insult to all Muslims and by doing so President Obama has challenged the dignity of the Muslim Ummah.
According to the news outlet, Lord Nazir said that he would arrange the bounty at any cost even if he was left with the option of selling all his personal assets, including his house.
It later emerged, however, that the newspaper misquoted the comments about President Obama after a recording proved he only made remarks about Bush and Blair.
Video footage of the meeting, released on 18 April, showed that Ahmed had been misquoted and instead had said:
"Even if I have to beg I am willing to raise and offer £10 million so that George W Bush and Tony Blair can be brought to the International Court of Justice on war crimes charges."