Roger Stone Says FBI Treated Him Worse Than Osama Bin Laden
Political strategist reveals excessive force used during home raid
Roger Stone has spoken to the media about his arrest last week, when his home was raided early on Friday morning, to say that the FBI treated him worse than 9/11 architect Osama bin Laden.
The long-time political strategist and President Trump ally told the press that federal agents used excessive force during the dramatic early morning raid.
“I’m 66 years old, I do not own a gun, I do not have a valid passport, I have no prior criminal record, I’m charged with nonviolent process crimes,” Stone told reporters outside his Fort Lauderdale home on Monday.
“To storm my house with greater force than was used to take down bin Laden or El Chapo or Pablo Escobar, it’s unconscionable.”
Stone, an unofficial adviser on Trump’s campaign, was charged on Friday with a seven-count indictment, accused of witness tampering, lying to Congress and obstruction.
According to the Washington Times, Mr. Stone said a raid Friday on his home was purposefully “over the top.”
The 66-year-old told Fox Nation’s Judge Andrew Napolitano that federal authorities are trying to “poison the jury pool.”
“There were 17 vehicles with their lights going, including two armored vehicles in the front yard,” Mr. Stonetold the “Liberty File” host Monday.
“I live on a canal. They had pulled two amphibious units with frog men up to the back gate. …
"The entire back of the house was surrounded by agents, all of them brandishing sidearms and assault rifles.”
Mr. Stone’s bail was set at $250,000 by a federal judge.
He was also restricted in his traveling to south Florida, D.C., Virginia and New York.
“They want to intimidate me,” Mr. Stone said.
“They used fewer men to take down Pablo Escobar or bin Laden.”
Mr. Stone also criticized FBI agents for making his wife, who is not charged with any crimes, stand next to him outside “in her nightgown” without footwear.
Footage of the predawn raid was captured and disseminated by CNN.