5 Things You Need to Know About Mail Bomber Suspect Cesar Sayoc
Man arrested in Florida names by law enforcement on Friday
Federal authorities arrested a man on Friday in connection with the recent spate of apparent mail bombs sent to prominent liberals.
A suspect was taken into custody by agents in Plantation, Florida who is believed to be the mail bomber responsible for sending alleged "pipe bombs" to key Democrats and progressive activists, according to reports.
The man apprehended by federal agents has been named as Cesar Sayoc, who is under arrest for the series of suspicious packages that were sent to former presidents and top Democratic officials.
Investigators were seen seizing a van covered in Donald Trump and Republican-oriented stickers - which were attached to the tinted windows from the outside of the glass -, that may belong to the suspect, but authorities have yet to confirm whether the van belongs to Sayoc, or what evidence they have that ties to him to the crimes.
Here are five things to need to know Cesar Sayoc's arrest:
1. The suspect is 56 years old from Florida and used to live in New York.
2. According to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the bomber reputedly is a registered Republican with an Aventura, Florida, address who has been arrested 10 times, once in 2002 for making a bomb threat.
3. The suspect was arrested in Florida in 2013 for grand theft.
WATCH: President Trump after arrest of pipe bomb suspect:— NBC News (@NBCNews) October 26, 2018
"We must never allow political violence to take root in America, cannot let it happen. And I'm committed to doing everything in my power as president to stop it, and to stop it now." https://t.co/5MGorR3Wih pic.twitter.com/30Rr4nFoVH
Earlier, a heavily armed tactical team was seen at the scene near the van in Plantation, Florida. pic.twitter.com/g5IB8HGwvS— MSNBC (@MSNBC) October 26, 2018
4. According to one report, the van that may or may not belong to the suspect was parked outside a kosher market for over a year.
My co-producer @DavidCypkin took these pics December 2017 at The Shoppes at the Waterways in Aventura, Florida. The van was regularly parked overnight outside a kosher market over a 1+ year period. He believes it may be connected to the bomb suspect and has contacted @FBI. pic.twitter.com/zQaggIGrVB— Billy Corben (@BillyCorben) October 26, 2018
5. According to Heavy.com, the suspect identified himself as a “Promoter, booking agent Live entertainment, owner, choreographer.”
He added that he was a veterinary medicine graduate, writing, “Career decision of becoming a Horse Doctor was always a love for animals, which were here first and never do anything to anyone."