Iran launches 'DEATH TO AMERICA' Missiles in a Nighttime Strike
The new display of disdain for America has sparked more World War 3 fears.
Iran has launched a barrage of missiles with the inscription 'Death To America' written on the fuselage, according to reports.
The Islamic Republic began targeting US-backed militants in Syria, announcing 'punishment on its enemies' for their “wickedness”.
The new display of disdain for America by the troubled nation sparked more World War 3 fears.
Regional powers in eastern Syria also support the targeted areas.
According to the Express: The night strike was launched at just before midnight last night (2.00am local time) and it targeted bases of the "takfiri terrorists" accused of a recent attack on a military parade, Iran’s Revolutionary Guard said in a statement on Sepah News, the official news site of the active military force.
The statement added: "Our iron fist is prepared to deliver a decisive and crushing response to any wickedness and mischief of the enemies.”
Iran's Republican Guard
The word "takfiri" is often used by Iran’s official to describe Sunni Muslim hardliners, marking them as apostates.
The country is predominantly Shi'ite Muslim, the other main branch of Islam.
In revolting video footage shared by Fars News, an Iranian news agency, several missiles can be seen streaking into a dark sky.
Missiles showed "Death to the family of Saud" "Death to America," and "Death to Israel" threats on the fuselage.
The ballistic missiles used in the attack flew 354miles (570km) to hit the targets, the Guards said, adding they fired a total of six missiles into Syria from western Iran.
Seven drones were also used to bomb militant targets during the attack, which eliminated some militant leaders and destroyed supplies and infrastructure used by the group, the Guards added.
Fars News claimed Tehran fired Iranian-made Zolfaqar and Qiam missiles.
The attack comes after the Ahvaz National Resistance, an Iranian ethnic Arab separatist movement, and the Islamic State both claimed responsibility for the attack on a military parade that took place on September 22.
A total of 25 people, including 12 guards, were killed.
Iran’s government added it would "severely punish" those behind the destruction, a threat renewed last week by Iran’s president Hassan Rouhani during his speech at the UN General Assembly.
Saudi Arabia and the UAE have renounced involvement in the attack.
Mr. Rouhani fought a war of words against US president Donald Trump at the yearly gathering of the General Assembly.
Mr. Trump, who pulled out from the Iran nuclear agreement in May arguing it only made Tehran richer, said Iran sows “chaos, death, and destruction”.
He added: "They do not respect neighbors or borders of the sovereignty of nations.
"They enrich themselves and spread mayhem across the Middle East and far beyond."
And the US national security adviser, John Bolton, warned Washington is watching closely Iran’s behavior.
He said: "Let my message today be clear: We are watching, and we will come after you."
And talking directly to the country's clerics, he asked them not to "cross us our allies or our partners", unless they don't want to suffer harsh consequences.
"There will indeed be hell to pay."