Neon Nettle
© 2019 Neon Nettle

Subscribe to our mailing list

Advertise Contact About Us Our Writers T&C's Privacy Support Us © 2019 Neon Nettle All Rights Reserved.

Dog Almost Dies After Carless Owner Uses Human Hair Dye To Colour Her Purple

Violet, a 5lb Maltese mix, suffered extreme chemical burns

 on 26th January 2018 @ 8.21pm
shortly after the owner dyed violet  she began to start shedding and scabbing all over he body © press
Shortly after the owner dyed Violet, she began to start shedding and scabbing all over he body.

A dog has almost died after her carless owner used a hair dye which was meant for humans to clour her purple.

Violet, a 5lb Maltese mix, suffered extreme chemical burns and still hasn't yet recovered from the ordeal.

Shortly after the owner dyed Violet, she began to start shedding and scabbing all over he body.

Staff at the animal rescue center said it was one worst case of animal cruelty she'd "ever seen." 

dog almost dies after carless owner uses human hair dye to colour her purple

Violet was given fluids and pain medication as rescuers tried to wash the dye from her body before wrapping her in bandages.

The Sun reports: Rescuers from Pinellas County Animal Services were also worried she might go blind. But now the poorly pooch has got a new home thanks to the care she received.

When Violet arrived at the center her eyes were swollen shut and she was "limp and listless".

Staff at the animal center gave her fluids, pain medication and tried to wash as much of the dye from her as they could before wrapping her in bandages.

 

dog almost dies after carless owner uses human hair dye to colour her purple

She was in such a bad condition that they were not sure if Violet would make it through the night, but she went home with one of the vets and to everyone's surprise the following day she was still alive.

But while she had lived another day, Violet still had a long road to recovery.

It's understood Violet's owner used human hair dye to colour her pet purple to match her name
The staff at the centre had to shave her fur to examine the damage and were horrified to see her skin was shedding.

Writing on its Facebook page, Pinellas County Animal Services said: "Good thing Violet was peacefully anesthetized. It was so much worse than we initially thought - how would this little dog make it through?"

But after three months of care - including pain medication, antibiotics, IV fluids, honey treatments, scab removal as well as anesthetizing and bandage changes - little Violet was starting to pull through.

The centre said that Violet soon became more confident and started coming out of her shell.

It said: "Violet began to tell us what to do - it started with a little noise; not really a bark, not really a cry. But then she found her voice and she never, ever, ever stopped.

"She began to walk the halls, visiting each office and requesting treats or hugs or gentle pats.

"It was clear - Violet was on the mend and she wanted everyone to know it."

Share this post:

Facebook is heavily censoring information from independent sources.

To bypass internet censorship, connect with us directly by enabling our notifications (using the red subscription bell in the bottom right corner) or by subscribing to our free daily newsletter.

Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox for free every day by signing up below.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Subscribe to our mailing list

Whatfinger banner

Follow Neon Nettle


PREV
BOOKMARK US
NEXT