Beto Slammed for 'Sick' Anti-Gun Publicity Stunt: 'Danced on Dead Bodies of Children'
Texas Democrat gubernatorial candidate Beto O’Rourke blasted for using tragedy
Texas Democrat gubernatorial candidate Beto O’Rourke has been slammed as "a sick son of a b*tch" for staging an anti-gun publicity stunt in Texas in the wake of the tragic school shooting.
Beto has been met with an intense backlash after he crashed a press conference on Wednesday afternoon to promote his political ambitions.
Top state officials were briefing the press on updates regarding the tragedy on Tuesday at Robb Elementary School.
An 18-year-old Latino male stormed the building and opened fire on students.
He murdered at least 19 children and two adults before a nearby U.S. Border Patrol agent rushed into the building and killed the suspect.
O’Rourke interrupted the press conference, held by Governor Greg Abbott (R) and other elected officials, and tried to use the event to promote his own political campaign.
Uvalde Mayor Don McLaughlin blasted O’Rourke, saying to his face, “I can’t believe that you’re a sick son of a b*tch that would come to a deal like this to make a political issue.”
O’Rourke faced widespread backlash online for his stunt while simultaneously receiving praise from the "woke" Left.
"Beto danced on the dead bodies of children,” political commentator Mike Cernovich tweeted.
"He’ll be celebrated by the regime media for this.
"They have no decency.”
Radiologist Pradheep J. Shanker tweeted, “So Beto is such a prick that he just hogged the limelight from 20 murder victims.”
"Hell, even if you are a liberal, you should be pissed,” Shanker continued.
"Now the story at least partially will be about Beto instead of focused on what it should be about.
"What an absolute disgrace.”
Other notable responses included:
- Michael Berry, radio host: “Beto O’Rourke is running such a sad campaign for governor in Texas that he had to attend a press release where our Republican governor was speaking and heckle him & be removed. Like some damn p***y hat wearing madwoman. Sad. Poor fella has become a joke.”
- Jimmy Failla, radio host: “BETO just got thrown out of the Governor’s Presser for heckling. It’s pathetic stuff but it’s nice to see him getting rejected by someone besides the voters.”
- Lisa Boothe, Fox News: “What a trash human being.”
- Rob Schmitt, Newsmax: “Beto, about to lose again for the 30th time, is desperate for a viral moment. He’ll be on Joy Reid tonight. A hero of the anti-gun left, which is virtually non existent in the state he hopes to govern. Politically clueless.”
- Lawrence Jones III, Fox News: “That was a sick political stunt by Beto in a time of mourning.”
- Dana Loesch, radio host: “Despicable. Beto grandstands during this presser for his political ambition. JUST WOW.”