Prince Andrew Deletes Twitter, Instagram, Facebook as Sex Abuse Case Heats Up
Embattled Duke of York goes into hiding
Embattled Prince Andrew has deleted his social media accounts as pressure mounts amid his sex abuse lawsuit and his links to Ghislaine Maxwell’s sex trafficking scandal continue to emerge.
The Duke of York’s official Twitter page @thedukeofyork showed a message saying, “this account doesn’t exist - try searching for another”
According to The Daily Mail, all of Andrew's social media channels had now been removed.
A source told the outlet:
“The changes have been made to reflect the recent statement from Buckingham Palace regarding The Duke of York," the source said.
The news comes after revelations in an ITV documentary that Lady Victoria Hervey, the prince's ex-girlfriend, said she was used as bait to reel in young girls for his friend and convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein to abuse.
“Jeffrey was really the frontman, and Ghislaine was the accomplice,” Lady Victoria said.
“It was kind of like a Batman and Robin, and they were a double act."
"I don’t think Jeffrey could have done any of it without Ghislaine.”
Former Palace guard, Paul Page, also revealed that Andrew received frequent visits from Maxwell.
According to Page, Palace officials “suspected” the pair had a “dirty secret” due to the frequency of the visits Andrew received from the underage girl procure, as Neon Nettle reported.
Page says that Maxwell was continually “in and out” of Buckingham Palace at one time.
“From the way she was allowed to enter and exit the palace at will, we realized — suspected — that she may have had an intimate relationship with Prince Andrew,” Page said.
“A colleague of mine remembered her coming in four times in one day.”
“She kept coming in and out, in and out.”
The prince has now withdrawn entirely from public life in the wake of the mounting scandals.
Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre claims trafficked out by the pair and forced to have sex with Andrew three times when she was 17.
She is now suing him for rape and sexual assault in a civil court.
The prince has always vehemently denied the claims.
He was last week forced by the Queen to hand back all his royal privileges in order to fight the US case as a "private citizen."
Last week, Maxwell decided to expose the identities of eight powerful men linked to Epstein’s crimes.
Maxwell had previously refused to identify the men and her lawyers found to keep their identities hidden.
“After careful review of the detailed objections submitted by Non-Party Does 17, 53, 54, 55, 73, 93, and 151, counsel for Ghislaine Maxwell writes to inform the Court that she does not wish to further address those objections,” said the Jan. 12 letter, signed by Laura Menninger.