Suicide Bomber Who Murdered 13 U.S. Troops Freed from Prison after Biden Withdrawal
Indian media reports ISIS bomber freed from Bagram military prison
According to a new report from Indian media, the ISIS suicide bomber, who killed 13 U.S. troops along with 169 Afghan nationals, was freed from Bagram prison following Democrat Joe Biden’s disastrous pullout from Afghanistan.
Firstpost reported that senior Indian intelligence sources said the ISIS suicide bomber was "handed over to the United States Central Intelligence Agency by the Research and Analysis Wing in September 2017."
But the jihadist walked free on August 15 with thousands of other dangerous terrorists following the chaos of Biden's pullout from Afghanistan, which enabled the Taliban's takeover of the country.
The terrorist was a former student of an engineering college in India who was arrested after he staged suicide bombings in New Delhi.
The terrorist managed to enter the country by using his studies as his cover story.
An Indian intelligence officer, who worked on the case involving the terrorist, said:
“America’s disorganized retreat from Afghanistan has led to hundreds of highly-competent and highly-committed terrorists being set free to rejoin the Islamic State, al-Qaeda, and other terrorist groups."
“Literally a decade’s work on counter-terrorism has been undone by the US’ failure to secure key prisoners in Bagram.”
Accordng to the report, the CIA tipped off India about the terrorist after messages were intercepted from ISIS’s leadership about planned attacks.
But Indian officials turned him over to the U.S. so the CIA could investigate and eliminate “multiple Islamic State leaders in United States drone strikes.”
Business Insider reported:
Thousands of inmates, including former Islamic State and al-Qaeda fighters, were released from a prison on the outskirts of Kabul — Pul-e-Charkhi — as well as another facility at Bagram airbase as the Taliban, called for a “peaceful transition” of power.
Afghan government troops surrendered Bagram airbase, located north of Kabul, to the Taliban early on Sunday. The base houses Parwan Detention Facility, which had around 5,000 prisoners.
Prisoners leaving Kabul jail after being broken out by Taliban. pic.twitter.com/B84F2UrtEA— Richard Engel (@RichardEngel) August 15, 2021
Gen. Austin Miller warned against withdrawing all forces from Afghanistan, saying the Afghan military could not hold off the Taliban.
Earlier this month, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin admitted it would now be "more difficult" to identify terror threats while withdrawing all U.S. military assets from Afghanistan.
Austin acknowledged there was a challenge after U.S. troops and intelligence assets were withdrawn by Biden.
"Well, there's no question that it will be more difficult to identify and engage threats that emanate from the region, but we're committed to making sure that those threats are not allowed to develop ... that could create significant challenges for us in the homeland," Austin said.