MSNBC Compares Christians to Taliban: ‘Our Own Far Religious Right’
Host Joy Reid makes uneducated comparison
Left-wing MSNBC has compared Christians to the Taliban twice in one week as they attempt to politicize and shape their narrative over Joe Biden's self-inflicted crisis in Afghanistan.
Host Joy Reid tweeted that "our own far religious right" is "dreaming of a theocracy that would impose a particular brand of Christianity" on American society.
Earlier in the week, MSNBC's lead story likened the Taliban to Christians by criticizing Republicans for allegedly having "a narrow reading of their religion's beliefs."
The far-left establishment network claimed Christians are just like the Taliban and are against women's rights.
Reid argued Christians want to "drive women from the workforce and solely into childbirth, and control all politics."
But she failed to explain how a record number of Republican women were recently elected to congress, and they are all Christians.
Obeidallah argues Christians are Taliban-like creatures by citing three issues."
- Their opposition to abortion
- Their opposition to the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act
- Their opposition to the Paycheck Fairness Act
But unlike the Taliban, who kill pregnant women, Christians are committed to protecting the life of unborn babies.
Christian Republicans opposed the Violence Against Women Act because it redefined "domestic violence" to mean wholly non-violent acts such as "verbal" and "emotional" abuse.
Women earn less than most men because they are likely not to work in dangerous jobs, are likely to work part-time, and are more likely to turn down promotions, which have nothing to do with discrimination.
But here is how the Taliban treat women:
- Women are imprisoned in their homes.
- Girls are beaten for wearing white shoes
- Girls are not allowed to be educated after the age of eight
- Girls are only allowed to read the Qur'an
- Women are not allowed to speak loudly in public
- Pictures of women are banned from all media outlets
- Women are not allowed to appear on the balconies of their apartments
Neon Nettle reported earlier this month the Taliban were going doing to door recruiting women and children to become sex slaves.
They also shot a woman for not wearing a burqa.
The Taliban later set a woman on fire for her "poor" cooking skills.
Establishment networks comparing such a violent group to Christians are clearly misinformed about the sheer brutality of the Islamic regime.