Convoy Drives Through London Calling for Jews to Be 'Raped' - WATCH
Four arrested following incident in north of capital
An anti-Semitic convoy drove through North London, UK, shouting "f*** the Jews, rape their daughters," which has resulted in four people being arrested.
Footage shows cars waving Palestinian flags as threats were made via a loudspeaker.
The person can be heard shouting "f** the Jews" and "rape their daughters" as the cars drive through St John's Wood, which is a predominantly Jewish area in London.
This, on the streets of London is deeply disturbing. Vile, criminal hatred like this must not be tolerated. https://t.co/MAQbuqBvhV— Robert Jenrick (@RobertJenrick) May 16, 2021
Police later arrested four men on suspicion for racially aggravated public order offenses.
The four remain in custody following the incident, the Met Police said.
Superintendent Jo Edwards, in charge of the policing operation, said:
"This behaviour was utterly shocking and will not be tolerated."
Prime Minister Boris Johnson also condemned the scenes.
Mr. Johnson tweeted:
"There is no place for antisemitism in our society."
"Ahead of Shavuot, I stand with Britain’s Jews who should not have to endure the type of shameful racism we have seen today."
There is no place for antisemitism in our society. Ahead of Shavuot, I stand with Britain’s Jews who should not have to endure the type of shameful racism we have seen today.— Boris Johnson (@BorisJohnson) May 16, 2021
Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said of the footage:
"It is disgusting and disgraceful, and there can be no place for it in our society."
It is disgusting and disgraceful, and there can be no place for it in our society. https://t.co/EyIu7qdAcS— Dominic Raab (@DominicRaab) May 16, 2021
MP Robert Jenrick tweeted:
"This, on the streets of London is deeply disturbing. Vile, criminal hatred like this must not be tolerated."
The Met Police said they were investigating the incident:
"We are aware of a video appearing to show anti-Semitic language being shouted from a convoy of cars in the St John's Wood area this afternoon."
The video comes amid rising tensions in the Middle East, with Israel launching airstrikes on Palestine targeting Hamas militants in reponse to terror attacks.
Last week, the head of the Yamina party and Israel's Knesset member, Naftali Bennett, warned Hamas to stop attacking Israel or risk the annihilation of its leadership.
“It’s up to Hamas as long as Hamas keeps [attacking Israel] in order to murder Israelis across the state — by the way, Arabs and Jews alike,” Bennett said.
“Hamas already murdered two Arab Israelis in the city of Lod, a dad, 52 years old, and his daughter Nadin, 16 years old, Israeli Arabs who were murdered."