Neon Nettle
© 2021 Neon Nettle

Subscribe to our mailing list

Advertise Contact About Us Our Writers T&C's Privacy Support Us © 2021 Neon Nettle All Rights Reserved.

YouTube Bans Trump from Uploading Videos Indefinitely

Google-owned video streaming platform says it has deleted president's recent content

 on 13th January 2021 @ 1.00pm
youtube has banned president donald trump from uploading new content © press
YouTube has banned President Donald Trump from uploading new content

Google-owned video streaming service YouTube has announced it has banned President Donald Trump from uploading new content indefinitely.

YouTube said in a Tuesday Twitter post that it has removed new content from Trump’s official channel and blocked new videos from being uploaded for a "*minimum*" of a week.

The Big Tech company said the decision was made "After review, and in light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence" in the wake of last week's riot at the U.S. Capitol. 

"Given the ongoing concerns about violence, we will also be indefinitely disabling comments on President Trump’s channel, as we’ve done to other channels where there are safety concerns found in the comments section," YouTube added.

big tech has launched a coordinated purge attack against president trump and his supporters © press
Big Tech has launched a coordinated purge attack against President Trump and his supporters

Authorities in Washington, D.C. have warned of "credible threats" of further violence related to Joe Biden's inauguration next week. 

YouTube’s decision follows other Big Tech companies like Twitter and Facebook which have permanently or temporarily disabled Trump’s accounts after Wednesday's riots.

While didn’t explain the content of the offending video, YouTube said it was the account’s "first strike."

Social media oligarchs have joined forces with other Silicon Valley heavyweights in a coordinated effort to de-platform the president and his supporters.

YouTube had come under mounting pressure to join the anti-conservative censorship campaign.

Borat star Sacha Baron Cohen publically shamed YouTube for not falling into line by banning President Trump from using its service.

The actor-turned-propagandist took to Twitter Monday to complain that YouTube is spreading Trump's alleged "election lies to MILLIONS of people!"

sacha baron cohen pressured youtube to  save democracy  by banning the most popular u s  president in history © press
Sacha Baron Cohen pressured YouTube to 'save democracy' by banning the most popular U.S. president in history

British "comedian" Cohen demanded that Google-owned YouTube joins the anti-Trump campaign to "save democracy" by banning the president that 75 million Americans voted for.

“Virtually every social media company has removed Trump…EXCEPT YouTube,” Cohen tweeted on Monday.

“Trump’s YouTube channel is STILL showing videos of his election lies to MILLIONS of people!”

Cohen tagged YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki as well as Google CEO Sundar Pichai and challenged them to “save democracy” by banning President Trump.

[RELATED] Candace Owens Challenges Facebook 'Fact-Checker' and Wins: 'They Lied for Democrats'

Share this post:
tags: Youtube | Big Tech

Facebook is heavily censoring information from independent sources.

To bypass internet censorship, connect with us directly by enabling our notifications (using the red subscription bell in the bottom right corner) or by subscribing to our free daily newsletter.

Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox for free every day by signing up below.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Subscribe to our mailing list

Follow Neon Nettle


PREV
BOOKMARK US
NEXT