Durham Probe Moving ‘Full Steam Ahead' Despite Conflicting Reports
Investigation 'is definitely still happening' according to sources
U.S. Attorney John Durham’s investigation into the origins of the Russia hoax is "full steam ahead,” despite various media outlets reporting otherwise, according to a source familiar with his progress.
The news comes after the Federalist’s Sean Davis reported that the investigation was dropped.
A source familiar with Durham’s ongoing investigation of the bogus Russian collusion operation tells @FDRLST: “Durham isn’t doing anything. Dropping his investigations. He’s worried about blowback from Biden. What an absolute disgrace.”
A source familiar with Durham’s ongoing investigation of the bogus Russian collusion operation tells @FDRLST: “Durham isn’t doing anything. Dropping his investigations. He’s worried about blowback from Biden. What an absolute disgrace.”— Sean Davis (@seanmdav) November 15, 2020
But a source told Fox News, “Durham remains full steam ahead."
Another source said the investigation “is definitely still happening,” despite radio silence.
There has only been one criminal charge produced from Durham’s investigation so far, which was former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith, who was accused of altering an email related to the surveillance of a former Trump campaign aide.
But the investigation did not allege a broader conspiracy within the FBI.
Two sources familiar with the investigation said Durham was not finished with several lines of investigation.
One source told Fox News Durham had been “feeling more pressure to get this done and wrapped up” over the summer.
John Solomon tweeted:
I see these reports that Durham is folding up shop and not pursuing any further investigation. My reporting conflicts with that. I am seeing extensive investigative efforts under way. I don’t get a sense it is over. In fact I suspect we may see actions soon from the probe.— John Solomon (@jsolomonReports) November 16, 2020
They added that Durham “does not want this to be viewed political” and would likely “punt it to after the election."
Attorney General Bill Barr appointed Durham last year to probe the origins of the FBI’s Russia investigation, shortly after Special Counsel Robert Mueller Russia investigation concluded.
Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe said earlier last month that there “will be” and “should be” more indictments coming from Durham’s probe.
“I think there will be more indictments,” Ratcliffe said in October.
“Based on the intelligence I have access to, I certainly believe there should be.”
Ratcliffe added he already provided 1,000 pages of material to the Justice Department to support Durham’s investigation.
“At my direction, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence has now provided almost 1,000 pages of materials to the Department of Justice in response to Mr. Durham’s document requests,” Ratcliffe said in a statement Wednesday.
“I will continue to ensure the Intelligence Community’s responsiveness to the DOJ’s requests.”
“As the president has made clear, we must be appropriately transparent with the American people and give them the confidence that the extraordinary work of Intelligence professionals is never misused or politicized,” Ratcliffe said.