Biden Finally Takes Real Question from Press; Rambling Nonsense Follows - WATCH
Asked why he held rallies in March despite COVID, spends 5 mins not answering question
Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden has finally taken a real question from a reporter during a press conference.
However, rather than answering the question posed to him, former Vice President Biden gave a rambling response of nonsense for around five minutes without even addressing what he was asked.
Biden has largely been avoiding questions from reporters for quite some time, other than taking pre-prepared softballs from his allies in the media.
At the end of an event where Biden spoke on Wednesday, Fox News reporter Peter Doocy finally managed to get in a question as the ex-VP was leaving.
Doocy asked the 77-year-old White House hopeful about past comments that he made about the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent actions that he took.
“You said that you warned President Trump in January that there was going to be a pandemic and what needed to be done,” Doocy started his question.
“If you knew that, then why were you still hosting crowded campaign rallies in March?” Doocy asked.
Biden struggled to give a coherent response as he repeatedly made false claims.
He dishonestly tried suggesting that he was the first person to call for using the Defense Production Act.
Biden has repeatedly tried to falsely claim that he was the first to call for numerous actions to be taken in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
In reality, it was President Donald Trump had already taken action on those issues.
The Daily Wire highlighted 7 such examples:
- Biden called for coronavirus tests to be free 9 days after Trump signed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
- Biden called for coronavirus testing to be available nationwide 12 days after Trump announced that testing was available in all 50 states.
- Biden called for “cooperation” between the federal government and the states after numerous Democrat governors praised Trump for his work with them.
- Biden announced support for barring entry into the U.S. for individuals who had been to China 2 months after Trump announced a travel ban on China.
- Biden called for a CDC team to go into China 50 days after the Trump administration took action.
- Biden claimed that he called for the Defense Production Act to be used “before anyone,” which came shortly after Trump announced plans to use it.
- Biden called for someone to be put in charge of handling the coronavirus response 5 weeks after Trump tapped Vice President Mike Pence to lead the White House Coronavirus Task Force.
On social media, Biden was widely accused of attempting to deflect from having to answer the question.
Biden reportedly held eight rallies in March while Trump only held one.
Nearly all of Biden’s rallies also happened after Trump’s rally.
. @pdoocy just grabbed Joe Biden on his way out and asked why he was still hosting rallies in MARCH if he was supposedly warning Trump about the seriousness of COVID-19 in JANUARY.— Kelb Hull (@CalebJHull) September 2, 2020
Biden had no response whatsoever and went on a long rant to deflect from his hypocrisy. pic.twitter.com/astVPWosGO
Accoridng to IJR editor Caleb Hull, this was "the only challenging question for Biden" at the event.
It was also the only question from a reporter Biden took that was not "hand-picked by his staff," Hull added.