Neon Nettle
© 2020 Neon Nettle

Subscribe to our mailing list

Advertise Contact About Us Our Writers T&C's Privacy Support Us © 2020 Neon Nettle All Rights Reserved.

Most Americans Support Using Military to End Riots, Poll Shows

Almost 60 percent unite to say they want military to help police

 on 5th June 2020 @ 1.00pm
most americans want to see the military help the police end the violent riots © press
Most Americans want to see the military help the police end the violent riots

The majority of Americans want to see the military deployed to U.S. streets to help police end the violent riots and looting which have rocked the country over recent days, a new poll has revealed.

58 percent of Americans support the deployment of the military to assist police officers, the poll, carried out by Morning Consult, found.

Respondents said they wanted military action to bring the rioting and looting, which have ravaged 130 US cities, to an end.

The poll asked Americans if they support “Calling in the US military to supplement city police forces.”

33 percent of the 1,624 respondents said they “strong support it” while 25 percent said they “somewhat support it,” making for a total of 58 percent who are in support of the measure.

protests have been quickly turning into violent riots and criminal looting © press
Protests have been quickly turning into violent riots and criminal looting

Just 19 percent of respondents said they “strongly opposed” the measure, however, while only 11 percent said they “somewhat oppose” it.

The poll also revealed that a considerable percentage of voters typically affiliated with the Democratic Party is open to the deployment of the military.

43 percent of voters under the age of 34, 40 percent of self-identified “liberals.”

While 37 percent of African-Americans said that they would support the deployment of the military to aid city police.

The survey also found that just over 7 in 10 Americans supported the deployment of the National Guard onto the streets to stop the rioting, looting, and arson that’s occurring.

On Wednesday night, President Donald Trump's administration announced that federal law enforcement has launched an investigation into Antifa leaders and far-left group agitators suspected of being behind the nationwide rioting and unrest.

president trump has threatened to send in the military to resolve the riots © press
President Trump has threatened to send in the military to resolve the riots

As Neon Nettle previously reported, Acting Department of Homeland Security Chad Wolf told Fox News that federal officials have opened cases up against leaders of Antifa and other organizations.

When asked by Fox News host Bret Baier who was behind the violent riots that are plaguing the nation’s inner cities, Wolf specifically named Antifa as a suspected driving force.

“I think, overall, what we have seen as far as taking place, sort of boots on the ground in these metropolitan areas, are the groups like Antifa or anarchists in general,” Wolf explained. 

"And those are the types of people that we see," the DHS chief added.

"That’s the intel that we’re getting back, primarily moving these violent protests and these organizations in a certain way."

"We have a number of investigators at the department that are working with DOJ and working with FBI," Wolf added.

"We know that they have opened up a number of cases specifically targeting some of the leaders of Antifa and other organizations that are involved."

[RELATED] BLM 'Protester' Arrested for Spreading COVID-19 & Inciting Riots

Share this post:
tags: Riot | Antifa

Facebook is heavily censoring information from independent sources.

To bypass internet censorship, connect with us directly by enabling our notifications (using the red subscription bell in the bottom right corner) or by subscribing to our free daily newsletter.

Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox for free every day by signing up below.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Subscribe to our mailing list

Follow Neon Nettle


PREV
BOOKMARK US
NEXT