Queen Holds Crisis Talks as Prince Andrew Still Refuses to Help FBI with Epstein Case
Royal Family call emergency meeting to discuss Duke of York's future
The Queen has reportedly called crisis talks with Prince Charles to discuss Prince Andrew's future with the Royal Family amid the spiraling backlash as he still refuses to speak to the FBI about his friendship with deceased pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
On Monday, Andrew was criticized by the FBI and US prosecutors for offering "zero-cooperation" with their investigation into the billionaire sex offender's child sex trafficking operation.
Charles, the future King of England, took time away from estate business at Sandringham to join his mother for an emergency meeting.
"Both had hoped the Duke of York could perhaps be rehabilitated back into public life in time but that is now looking increasingly unlikely," a royal source reportedly told The Sun.
The talks come as Prince Andrew and the FBI were locked in a furious war of words Wednesday over whether he has ignored requests for help in the child sex trafficking investigation into Epstein.
The Duke of York's friends claimed this week that he would be happy to speak to US investigators but "hasn't been approached yet," although the Americans insisted on Wednesday this was untrue, however, claiming they have tried "several" times to arrange an interview with Andrew but he still refuses to speak with them
There's reportedly "growing frustration" among members of the Royal Family over the international attention the Duke of York's ties to Epstein is bringing.
Following news of Andrew's apparent snub of US investigations, more attention was drawn to the Epstein case after it emerged the Met Police could reopen their own sex-trafficking investigation into the convicted sex offender, who was found dead in his New York prison cell last year.
Earlier this week, Berman stood outside Epstein's New York mansion - where Prince Andrew stayed several times - and accused the Queen's son of failing to respond to requests by the FBI and US prosecutors for an interview over his friendship with the financier.
Virginia Roberts sued Epstein in 2015 and claims she was forced to have sex with the Duke of York three times, including once in London when she was 17, once in New York and another time at Epstein's private Caribbean island of Little St James.
Roberts, now Virginia Giuffre, says she was taken as a "sex slave" by Epstein when she was just 15 and then "trafficked" to his powerful friends who allegedly raped her.
The claims against the Duke of York in the 2015 case were controversially struck out by a judge for being "immaterial and impertinent."
Prince Andrew has "emphatically" denied "any form" of "relationship" with the teenager, now a mother-of-three living in Cairns in Australia, and claims he does not recall a 2001 picture of him with Roberts being taken.
Ms. Roberts says shortly after the now-infamous photo was taken, in the London home of Epstein's alleged "pimp" Ghislaine Maxwell, she was forced to have sex with Prince Andrew for the first time.
In an interview with BBC Newsnight, the Duke of York claimed he does not remember meeting Roberts.
He said he was at a Pizza Express in Woking - roughly one hour's drive from London - on the night he is accused of going to Tramp nightclub in London with the then-teenager.
Epstein was found dead in his Manhattan jail cell last August awaiting trial for child sex trafficking charges.
He previously received an 18-month prison sentence in Florida in 2008 on charges of soliciting a minor for prostitution.
Despite the child sex conviction, Prince Andrew continued to associate with Epstein and was pictured staying with him at his mansion in Manhattan in 2010.
Buckingham Palace declined to comment when asked about the reported meeting between the Queen and Prince Charles.